10 steps to communicating better!
LET’S GET YOUR MONDAY OFF TO A ROCKING START!…
Social entrepreneur & healer
Want to communicate better? Most of us say what we want to say, when we want to say it! We are lead by emotional response, reactive memories and the desire to be heard. Setting the intention to communicate what you want to create is a tool for success in relationships, work and love life. There is a science behind communication in order to create the reality you desire.
Here are some examples of raising the vibration of your words. Notice the lower frequency words and rephrase using the empowered words. Which words do you notice you often use?
Over the next 30 days try and REPHRASE your words with more empowered words. Notice the difference in your communication with others. I often say in the middle of my sentence, “Wait hold on, rephrase…” its silly but it makes me feel good that I notice and it helps me be more human in communicating.
The KEY to unlocking your communication potential is to STOP AND THINK BEFORE YOU RESPOND. Sometimes silence is the answer to understanding.
Better Communication Affirmations
- I express ideas effectively both orally and in writing, in both individual and group settings
- I listen actively (e.g. by clarifying and confirming with others what I heard)
- I encourage others to ask questions, provide suggestions and share opinions
- I provide and solicit feedback
- I use plain language and examples
- I seek input and ideas from others to keep current
- I inform others who need information
- I present in front of a group with confidence and poise
- I write clearly, logically and concisely, with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation (e.g. brief notes, memos, instructions, letters, reports or proposals)
- I select the best communication medium for the audience (e.g. oral, written, graphic, pictorial or multi-media)
BV: On Communication